Bergson and Art Power Plant
I was back on my bike today, actively hunting for headwind and trouble. It was a perfect summer day, neither meltingly hot nor depressing. Just right. Since my wonderful wife was pulling the weekend shift at the hospital, I hopped on two mechanical wheels to roam the neighborhood.
I love being on the move at this specific tempo. A car is too fast to see anything, but walking feels like being a 75-year-old pedestrian navigating an icy side walk in mid-January. Cycling is the sweet spot. To me.
I enjoyed just cruising along, losing myself in pure existence, until I unexpectedly stumbled upon the Bergson Kunstkraftwerk in Munich-Aubing. I‘ve always admired the building, though I‘ve somehow never managed to attend a concert or an exhibition there. I still haven’t seen it from the inside, but it‘s already a favorite of mine from the outside.
Fun fact: The Bergson Kunstkraftwerk is named after the street it sits on, which the City of Munich named in honor of Henri Bergson, a brillant French philosopher and writer who famously refused to support the Vichy regime. Definitely look him up, he‘s worth a deep dive.
Which brings me to the shot of the day. I‘ld love to tell you I was deliberately going for a gritty, sensor-dust-revealing f/22 aesthetic. ButI I‘ld be lying. I simply forgot to dial it back to f/5.6 or f/8 after chasing a sunstar. Absolute rookie move, but hey, here‘s the photo anyway. Plus two more from the same location.




Comments
Post a Comment